Saturday, August 14, 2010

feeling like i'm living in a 3rd world country...

Well it is officially Saturday... well Sunday now and I am so tired of feeling like I am living in a 3rd world country. Since the flooding that happened on Wednesday and Thursday we had 8 water mains break and there is a boil ordinance in effect until further notice. I have been boiling water to wash dishes, make food, and for the animals. I have been buying bottled water to drink as well. I am so tired of boiling water and not being able to open my mouth in the shower that will never take for granted fresh water again! And on top of the boil ordinance there is a serious conservation of water effort also going on, so we aren't supposed to use anymore water than we actually need for drinking and using the toilet! I know it could have been much worse for me since my house didn't sustain any damage from the water, however it still sucks! Needless to say I have been working the last 2 days and working at a restaurant during a boil ordinance is just dumb... I can't believe all of the people that come out for dinner in a time of emergency! Yesterday we served on plastic plates and with plastic silverware, today we served on regular flatware but with plastic silverware... I was bartending tonight and that was pretty much a joke since they sent the early out home before I even got there... So I pretty much got my butt handed to me all night. NO FUN! Well now I am home and almost done winding down after work but I have to get up in the morning for a double... blah.... anyways I am posting the layout I made this morning! I think it's way cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment